You are all set to getaway for the weekend and now it’s time to pack. Do you wait until the last minute and just throw some stuff in a bag, or do you tend to overpack? Or, maybe you fall in the middle and packing is a breeze for you.
Here are some items to consider with these multi-season packing tips:
The Essential: Dark Denim
- Dress your dark denim up: Wear a heeled sandal or closed toe heel, a patterned flowy top, pretty earrings, and a necklace. For an extra layer, add a solid colored blazer.
- Dress your dark denim down: Wear flats (low wedge sandal or sneakers with no-show socks), a striped t-shirt, and a light-weight cardigan.
The Essential: A Solid Colored or a Subtle Print Dress
- Dress your dress up: Wear the same heel you wore with your dark denim jean. Add a shawl in a great non-neutral color for warmth. Pack a chandelier earring or one that has movement.
- Dress your dress down: Add a jean jacket, sunglasses, and a flat sandal or a calf-high boot.
Additional items to consider packing: A Fedora or wide-brimmed hat in your favorite style.
The Essential: Accessories
- If your undertone is cool, choose these cool-toned jewelry pieces: Dangly earrings in silver, a long silver chain pendant, and a leather/silver cuff.
- If your undertone is warm, choose these warm-toned jewelry pieces: Gold hoops or mixed metal earrings, gold bangles, a long chain necklace that mixes gold with your favorite neutral beads.
Additional items to consider packing: Spectacular chandelier earrings, a statement necklace full of color, a chunky cocktail ring, and/or a solid scarf that matches your jewelry tone.
The Essential: Work-out wear
- Items might include: Yoga pants, running shorts, sports bra, tennis shoes, and sports socks.
Additional items to consider packing: A swimsuit, hoodie, and tees with wicking properties.
The Essential: Sleepwear
- Choose cashmere or flannel for cold weather and cotton or silk for hot weather.
Additional items to consider packing: A silky robe, slippers, and a nightgown.
The Essential: Travel bag
- A tote is perfect for a carry-on, shopping, and/or going to the beach. Another travel bag choice is a cross body bag that’s small to medium in size. It will leave you hands-free.
- Pack this extra bag for more variety: A small going-out clutch in fabric, beads, or a metallic leather one is great for evenings.