The official start of fall is less than a week away. Now is the perfect time to start thinking about your wardrobe as we approach a season change. Take some time to care for your summer items before you put them into storage, and inspect your fall/winter wardrobe to get it ready for the coming season.
10 Tips to Transition Your Wardrobe
From Summer to Fall
Before you pack your summer items away:
- Inspect your sandals and any other summer shoes. If needed, clean them, and take them to a cobbler for repairs before shoving them into a corner of your closet or back into a storage box. You will be so happy when you pull them out in spring/summer. And, throw out any flip flops that are in bad shape.
- If you haven’t already done this make sure you wash your swimsuits, shorts, and sundresses before storing them away.
Before you dive into your fall wardrobe:
- Check your fall handbags and clutches. Look at the handles and corners to see if they need a little help. Consider re-dying them.
- Go through your sunglasses. Are you in need of a new up-to-date pair or new prescription sunglasses? Make an appointment or head out to do some shopping.
- Pull out your boots and booties. Let go of any pairs that have seen better days. Make a list of any items that need to be replaced, and add them to your shopping list.
- Check your suede and leather dress shoes and get them ready for the season with shoe polish, a good suede brush, and waterproofing spray.
What to do right now:
- Time to go through your underwear. If your weight has fluctuated up or down, it’s time to purchase some new items. Schedule a bra fitting to make sure you are wearing the correct size. Throw out any bras that have worn out elastic, wire poking out, or stains from perspiration marks. Check the elastic on your panties and shapers. Men – Check the elastic on your boxers and briefs. Throw out any undershirts that have perspiration stains on the armpits.
- Go through your makeup and throw out any expired products. If you recently changed your hair color, there’s a chance some of your products will not work with your coloring.
- Pull out your wool sweaters, sweater dresses, tweed sport coats, cords, and get them front and center in your closet.
- Inspect your winter coats and winter accessories. Have them ready in your coat closet and make add to your shopping list if you need to replace anything or take to your tailor for repairs before the cold weather begins.
Once you have tackled your to-do list it’s time to go through your fall/winter clothes and review every item. As you go through your closet, here are 5 Questions to Assess Your Wardrobe .
How do you get your wardrobe ready for a new season?
Share your comments below.
Streamline Your Wardrobe. Get Organized. Create “New” Outfits
Do you love your wardrobe? If the thought of looking into your closet gives you some level of anxiety due to ill-filling clothes, a lack of versatility, or clothing that doesn’t project the image you want, it’s time for The Foundation Package or Wardrobe Refresh Package. I can show you how to create more outfits with what you have and streamline your wardrobe in a way that’s genuine to your ideal personal image and style.
Let’s review your current wardrobe together, put together “new” fall outfits from your closet, and create a calm environment for your morning routine! One less thing for you to worry about!
Schedule a Complimentary Phone Consultation