When the weather is cold (or frigid) it can be hard to feel inspired about getting dressed. The key is to stay warm and choosing the right accessories can be tricky. There is a way to highlight your accessories through the layers of your cold weather wardrobe.
Here are 9 Ways to Accessorize Your Look this Winter:
1. EARRINGS: Pull out your chandelier (clustered) earrings, sparkly stud, or hoop earrings. If you do not have short hair, consider a half up-do or a full up-do to draw more attention to your face.
2. HATS: A hat can add another element to your look and also protect you from the rain, snow, and sun.
3. LIPSTICK: The quickest way to snap out of a beauty rut is to swipe on a pop of color on your lips. This will instantly add warmth and polish to your face. Pick a deep berry or bright red to add excitement to your outfit.
4. SCARVES: There are so many choices when it comes to scarves and it’s such a great way to showcase your personal style. A scarf will add some polish to your look and another layer of dimension. Choose a scarf in your best colors that will highlight your features.
5. COLLAR NECKLACE: Add some bright jewelry to an understated/neutral outfit. This will bring the eye up and also add a touch of interest. If your personal style is more romantic/feminine aim for some pearls.
6. LONG PENDANT: Add a long pendant necklace to a silk blouse, tunic, sheath, or sleek sweater for a simple and sophisticated way to add interest to your outfit. Layering a pendant necklace adds texture, color, and dimension. The long line that you are creating with the v-shape lengthens and slims your body.
7. BELTED COAT: Swap out the belt that came with your coat for one that you already own. A wide belt in a neutral or python print will work best. It’s a fun way to make a simple change to your outerwear.
8. GLOVES: Break out your long and short gloves. Instead of reaching for your black gloves to go with your black wool coat, change it up and choose a colored pair. Different textures and small details on your gloves will add a bit of flare to your wrists and winter look.
9. BRACELETS: Look at your bracelets and mix your metal bangles to create an element of interest around your wrist. Another option is to add a jeweled, metal, or beaded cuff at your wrist when your sleeves hit just above the wrist.
For assistance with your image, style, and wardrobe, contact me at 414.841.5096 or check out my packages and services here: www.conwayimageconsulting.com/services/