My summer reading list is an eclectic mix of self-improvement, entrepreneurship, fashion, style, and fiction. These are all great books to read after a long day or some much needed time at the beach/pool!
Here are a few of my must-read books for this summer:
1. “Go Set a Watchman,” by Harper Lee: Originally written in the mid-1950s, Go Set a Watchman was the novel Harper Lee first submitted to her publishers before To Kill a Mockingbird. Assumed to have been lost, the manuscript was discovered in late 2014. I’m excited to get my hands on this book when it’s available on July 14th!
2. “Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder,” by Arianna Huffington: As Arianna points out, we need a third leg — a third metric for defining success — to truly thrive. That third metric, she writes in Thrive, includes our well-being, our ability to draw on our intuition and inner wisdom, our sense of wonder, and our capacity for compassion and giving.
3. “The Secret,” by Rhonda Byrne: Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions, and philosophies throughout the centuries. I know this is an older one, but it’s been on my “list” for awhile now.
4. “I’ll Drink to That: A life in Style, with a Twist” by Betty Halbreich: Betty Halbreich spent nearly 40 years as a personal shopper for Bergdorf Goodman. The title alone makes me want to read this one!
5. “#GIRLBOSS,” by Sophia Amoruso: Another title I love! Sophia walks through her struggles and unique path to success. She states that success is about trusting your instincts and following your gut, knowing which rules to follow, and which to break.
6. “Women in Clothes,” by Sheila Heti, Heidi Julavits, Leanne Shapton, and 639 others: This book is a conversation among hundreds of women of all nationalities—famous, anonymous, religious, secular, married, single, young, old—on the subject of clothing, and how the garments we put on every day define and shape our lives.
7. “Yes Please,” by Amy Poehler: Honest, personal, real, and righteous, Yes Please is full of words to live by. Sometimes you just want to read a book and laugh!
8. “The History of Love,” by Nicole Krauss: This New York Times best seller and one of the most loved novels of the decade was released in 2006.
9. “Oscar de la Renta: His Legendary World of Style,” by Andre Leon Talley: This book will not be out until September 8th, so this serves as my reminder and maybe one that will interest you.
10. “Your Baby’s First Word Will Be DADA,” by Jimmy Fallon: I love children’s books and what’s not to love about this one. First off, it’s by Jimmy Fallon! For the record, my sweet Harper’s first word was MAMA. 🙂
What is on your reading list for summer? I’d love to know, so please comment or share on social media!